Spearfish Car Accident Lawyers
Auto Accident Claims Handled Professionally
When a negligent driver crashes into your car, you are going to be frustrated and left without many good options, not right away, anyway. Whiting Hagg & Dorsey LLP in Spearfish is here to explain what you can do next to seek and demand full compensation for your damages. Depending on the details of your case and why the crash happened, the other driver could be found completely liable for all the costs you have incurred since the crash. We want to make sure it stays that way by offering our excellent legal representation and counsel that knows how to push back against auto insurance company strategies.
Find out more about taking legal action after a crash. Call (605) 519-6136 now to speak with our car accident attorneys in Spearfish.
Car Accident Claims We Accept
At Whiting Hagg & Dorsey LLP, we are proud to be an eclectic and highly experienced team of legal professionals who have focused on injury claims for injured parties and plaintiffs. As such, we are able to manage virtually any car accident claim that a client brings to us. No matter how complicated or straightforward matters might seem, you can be confident that we can take care of them.
We can work on these types of car accident claims and many more:
- Rear-end collisions: Severe injuries like whiplash can follow even a low-speed rear-end collision. Take your case seriously by letting us work on it.
- Drunk driving accidents: If you were hit by a drunk driver, then we can work to make sure they are held liable for such reckless and criminal behavior.
- Distracted driving accidents: Texting and driving has become just as bad as drunk driving in many parts of the country. Let us know if a distracted driver crashed into you.
- Multivehicle accidents: We can help you sort out the difficulties that arise when dealing with a multivehicle accident with more than one other liable driver.
Proving Fault for a Car Accident
If you want to get the most compensation possible after a car accident, then you have to prove that the other party was entirely liable for what happened. Saying the other motorist caused the crash is one thing, but proving fault is something different altogether. We can work diligently to collect evidence that clearly shows their fault while minimizing or eliminating your own.
Three useful forms of evidence we can use include:
- Dashcam footage: Did you have a dashcam installed in your vehicle? Please let us know, so we can review the footage. It might be exactly what we need to see to confidently prove that the other driver’s mistakes caused the wreck.
- Eyewitness statements: The statements from eyewitnesses – other drivers, people who were roadside, etc. – can be the most valuable forms of evidence because other side parties often have the best perspectives.
- Police reports: If the police showed up at the scene of your car accident, then we can contact the officer’s precinct or department to get a copy of their report. They might have noted who they think is to blame.
South Dakota Comparative Negligence Law
In South Dakota, there is a comparative negligence law that makes it more difficult to file an injury claim after a car accident. Essentially, this law states that you cannot collect a recovery from the other driver if you were 50% liable or more for the accident. In other words, if you were more than halfway responsible for the crash, then you are fully unable to get compensation. This makes it even more important to work with a legal team that can prove you did nothing wrong.
Ready to Manage Your Case – Call Now
Call our Spearfish car accident attorneys at (605) 519-6136 to discuss your case with a team that truly cares about your wellbeing. We want to know that by the time your case concludes that you and your family will be confident that your future finances and comfort are secured again. We can make this happen by securing every bit of compensation you are owed.
Why wait to see how we can help you? Contact our firm now to speak with a car accident lawyer in Spearfish.
Each Case Is Handled With Individual Concern & Care
Cases Handled at State, National & International Levels
Over 150 Years of Combined Experience