Personal Injury Claims in Rapid City
Call 605-519-6136 to Discuss Your Options with our South Dakota Law Firm
If you or a family member has suffered a serious or fatal injury in the Rapid City area, please contact us for a free consultation. There are many questions that must be answered to properly evaluate your claim. For instance, in tragic cases where the victim survives and experiences pain and suffering before death, a survival claim should be evaluated as well as a wrongful death claim.
Whiting Hagg & Dorsey, LLP, has over 150 years of experience fighting for justice on behalf of injury victims and families. We understand how difficult it is to deal with the physical, emotional, and financial issues in the wake of a serious or fatal injury. We are an experienced team of Rapid City personal injury lawyers and professionals with a well-earned reputation for providing caring, aggressive, and high-quality representation to our clients.
A personal injury is defined as a physical or psychological injury suffered by an individual as the result of either an accident or someone’s negligent behavior or conduct. Negligence is a breach of a duty owed to another. The accident attorneys at Whiting Hagg & Dorsey, LLP, specialize in a range of personal injury claims.
Our Lawyers Help Navigate the Complexities
As experienced personal injury lawyers, we understand the complex legal issues surrounding accident cases. We achieve results to cover our clients medical care, lost wages, pain and suffering, permanent injury and loss of enjoyment of life.
Whiting Hagg & Dorsey, LLP, represents individuals with a variety of personal injuries from:
- Motor vehicle and motorcycle accidents
- Slip and fall cases
- Dog bites
- Premises and products liability
- Pedestrian/vehicle accidents
As experienced Rapid City personal injury lawyers, we understand the complex legal issues surrounding accident cases. We help clients comprehend their legal rights and diligently and aggressively represent them. As a result, our clients can obtain compensation to cover medical care so they can recover both physically and emotionally from their injuries. We also provide the legal representation required to help our clients recover financially from this traumatic experience.
South Dakota Personal Injury Statutes of Limitation
In the state of South Dakota, you have three years to bring forth a personal injury claim. In essence, this means you have three years to file your paperwork with the court. Our Rapid City personal injury attorneys are experienced and can help you evaluate your options following a case consultation.
Contact A Rapid City Personal Injury Lawyer First
It is vital that personal injury victims contact an experienced attorney before discussing facts or settlement of a case with an insurance agent or adjuster so they receive reasonable and appropriate compensation.
Accident victims are entitled to receive compensation for:
- Personal Injuries- Injuries to the body, both physically and mentally as a result of another's negligence
- Medical Bills- Payment of all reasonable medical bills, as well as future medical treatment
- Lost Work, Wages, or Earning Capacity- The amount is measured by the actual lost income the victim can prove, and any lost opportunity for present and future income
- Pain and Suffering- Damages to compensate personal injury victims for their pain, suffering, rehabilitation, lost enjoyment of life or activities, and future losses
- Loss of Consortium- Damages suffered by the spouse or family member of a person who has been injured or killed
- Permanent/Temporary Disability- Payment for ones inability to work or perform activities of daily living resulting from injury
- Disfigurement- Permanent change in a person's body, particularly by leaving visible scars which affect a person's appearance
- Loss of Enjoyment of Life- Detrimental alterations of a person's life or lifestyle or a person's inability to participate in the activities or pleasures of life that were formerly enjoyed
- Aggravation of Pre-existing Injury- Pre-existing injuries may cause the plaintiff to be in a weakened condition, causing him or her to be more susceptible to injury, which causes the condition to become aggravated
- Property Damage- Cost to restore your property (vehicle, building, equipment) to original condition, or if it cannot be restored, the cost to replace it
Each Case Is Handled With Individual Concern & Care
Cases Handled at State, National & International Levels
Over 150 Years of Combined Experience