Rapid City Personal Injury Lawyers
Compassionate & Experienced Lawyers Serving the Black Hills Area
If you’re seeking trusted legal counsel, look no further than Whiting Hagg Hagg Dorsey & Hagg, LLP. Our legal team has a combined 150 years of legal experience, and we provide our clients the care and compassion their cases deserve. Car accidents and work injury or traumatic events, especially when you cannot work and need continued medical attention. Let us walk you through the legal maze and provide you with the advice necessary to give you comfort that your case is being properly handled.
Whiting Hagg Hagg Dorsey & Hagg, LLP, specializes in representing clients in a variety of different cases. Our team can protect your personal, family, and business rights. We have the knowledge and expertise you’ll need to help you get back to the things that matter in your life. Our services go beyond the details of your case. We have all the benefits of a large firm with the compassion and client-focus of a small boutique law office. We’re here to help. Contact us today at (605) 519-6136 to get started on your case.
When Do You Need a Personal Injury Attorney?
While you are not required to have a lawyer represent you in a personal injury or workers' compensation claim, there are certainly times where having an attorney on your side can help ensure you receive justice and fair compensation for your injuries. If any of the following are true, you should consider hiring a Rapid City personal injury attorney from our firm:
- You have suffered serious injuries as a result of your accident
- You want to pursue compensation for pain and suffering
- The insurance company is refusing to offer you a fair settlement, or they have denied your claim
- The accident was complicated and there is some debate over who was at fault
- You are facing mounting medical bills, long-term treatment, or a long recovery process
- You are unfamiliar with the claims process or the legal system in your state
What Kind of Damages Can You Sue for in a Personal Injury Claim?
When filing a personal injury claim in South Dakota, you may pursue compensation for 3 different types of damages, depending on the details of your case:
- Economic Damages - These types of damages attempt to repay out-of-pocket expenses including lost income, medical bills, damaged property, long-term care, and funeral costs (in the case of wrongful death).
- Noneconomic Damages - These damages are meant to compensate victims for non-monetary losses, including: pain and suffering, mental distress, loss of enjoyment of life, and loss of companionship.
- Punitive Damages - These types of damage are reserved for especially serious cases where there was criminal activity involved. Punitive damages are intended to punish the wrongdoer and discourage the same thing from happening again.
We're here to help! Get started with one of our personal injury attorneys in Rapid City today.