Premises Liability

A person or company who owns or rents a property, has the obligation to maintain that property in a reasonably safe manner. If the owner of that property or the renter/occupier invites people onto their property and someone is harmed because the property was not properly maintained in a reasonable way, the person or persons injured as a result of the negligent maintenance can file a personal injury claim under a body of laws known as premises liability.  Premises liability cases can cover accidents including:

  • Slip & fall or trip & fall
  • Stairwell injuries/faulty handrails
  • Parking lot injuries
  • Falling merchandise
  • Drowning accidents/swimming pool accidents
  • Assault on business or landlord property
  • Poor lighting
  • Amusement park injuries
  • Playground injuries
  • Child abuse on school, church, or daycare property
  • Negligent security
  • Injuries on business property
  • Daycare injuries
  • Poorly maintained surfaces

Videos On Premises Liability

  • It's A Matter of Law ® - The Horse that Tripped

A premises liability claim can be a complicated process.  First, it involves establishing that you are owed a duty of care.  Second, you must prove that the duty was breached in a negligent way that led to your injury or harm.

Proving your case by yourself can be difficult, which is why you should contact an experienced liability lawyer in Rapid City, SD if you have suffered an injury on a property in the state of South Dakota. The injury lawyers at Whiting Hagg Hagg Dorsey & Hagg, LLP, have over 150 years of combined experience.

We will fight for you to ensure you receive the proper compensation you deserve.

To learn more about how a Rapid City premises liability lawyer can help you after an accident on someone's property call the professionals at Whiting Hagg Hagg Dorsey & Hagg, LLP, today at 605-348-1125.