A personal injury is defined as a physical or psychological injury suffered by an individual as the result of either an accident or someone’s negligent behavior.
Personal injuries result from:
- Automobile, Motorcycle, ATV, and Boat Collisions
- Hit and Run Accidents
- Drunk Driving Crashes
- Workplace Hazards
- Construction Incidents
- Industrial Accidents
- Chemical Exposure
- Fires, Explosions, and Electrocution
- Medical Malpractice
- Defective Products
- Negligently Maintained Property
- Improper Nursing Home Care
- Dog Bites
Personal injury cases can be very complicated due to the involvement of multiple insurance companies and legal particulars. At Whiting, Hagg, Hagg, Dorsey & Hagg, LLP, we help individuals seek the compensation they deserve as a result of personal injuries from accidents.
As experienced personal injury lawyers, we understand the complex legal issues surrounding accident cases. We help clients comprehend their legal rights and vigilantly represent them. As a result, our clients are able to obtain compensation to cover medical care so they can recover physically, as well as emotionally from their injuries. We also provide the legal representation required to help our clients recover financially from this traumatic experience.
In many cases, the negligent party may have insurance that provides the required compensation. However, it is vital personal injury victims contact an attorney before discussing a case with an insurance agent so they get appropriate compensation.
Accident victims are entitled to receive compensation for:
- Property Damage – Cost to restore your property (vehicle, building, equipment) to original condition, or if it cannot be restored, the cost to replace it
- Personal Injuries – Payment of all reasonable medical bills, as well as future medical treatment
- Lost Work, Wages, or Lost Earning Capacity – Amount is measured by the actual lost income the victim can prove, and any lost opportunity for present and future income
- Pain and Suffering – Non-calculated amount of damages to compensate personal injury victims for their pain, suffering, rehabilitation, lost enjoyment of life or activities, as well as, future losses
If You Are in an Accident
- Remain Calm
- Check for Injuries
- Turn on Hazard Lights
- Report the Accident to the Police, Even If the Accident Is Minor
- Notify Your Insurance Agent
- Call Your Attorney
- Don’t Sign Any Documents or Make Any Statements Until Your Lawyer Arrives
- Make Immediate Notes About the Accident Including Specific Damages to All Vehicles Involved
- Photograph the Accident Scene If You Have a Camera or Cell Phone Available
- Seek Medical Attention
Call us today for a consultation on your personal injury case at 605-348-1125.