Every employer is legally required to provide workers’ compensation insurance for employees. In the event an injury occurs while on the job, this insurance covers the treatment, medical expenses, and lost wages due to an injury sustained on the job.
A workplace injury results from the negligence of an employer or coworker. Workplace accidents can include anything from an office environment to a construction site. At Whiting, Hagg, Hagg, Dorsey & Hagg, LLP our expert knowledge can help victims who have been injured in a work-related accident.
Workplace accidents are complicated issues. Many factors are involved in prosecuting work-related incidents, and therefore it is crucial for victims to obtain experienced legal representation to ensure they receive the damages they are entitled to.
Individuals incurring workplace injuries are entitled to compensation for:
- Medical and Health Care Bills
- Loss of Wages
Workplace injuries may include:
- Lost Limbs
- Head Injuries
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Repetitive Stress Injuries
- Injuries Caused by Other Employees or Equipment
Workers’ compensation law is very specific about how and when an injured worker can be compensated, it is therefore vital for victims to attain the services of an experienced attorney specializing in workers’ compensation cases—most injured employees don’t know the law, but a typical employer, as well as the insurance company, is very much aware of how the compensation system works.
If you have an accident at the workplace:
- Inform Your Employer in Writing of the Time, Date, and Nature of the Injury
- Check Your Employment Contract or Written Statement for Information Regarding Sick or Accident Pay
- Call Your Lawyer
- Don’t Sign Any Document or Make Any Statements until You Consult Your Attorney
- Make Immediate Notes about the Accident
- Photograph the Accident Scene If You Have a Camera or Cell Phone Available
- Seek Medical Attention
Whiting, Hagg, Hagg, Dorsey & Hagg, LLP specializes in workers’ compensation law, and can evaluate workplace injury claims to ensure victims are receiving proper care for their sustained injuries and are fairly compensated for past and future medical expenses and lost income. Call for a consultation today 605-348-1125.