If you or a family member has suffered a serious or fatal injury in the Black Hills, please contact us for a free consultation. In tragic cases where the victim survives and experiences pain and suffering before death, a survival claim should be evaluated as well. Our Rapid City personal injury lawyers have helped thousands of satisfied clients get the fair and just compensation they deserve.
Whiting, Hagg, Hagg, Dorsey, & Hagg, LLP, has over 150 years of experience fighting for justice on behalf of injury victims and families. We understand how difficult it is to deal with the physical, emotional, and financial issues in the wake of a serious or fatal injury. We are an experienced team of Rapid City personal injury lawyers and professionals with a well-earned reputation for providing caring, aggressive, and high-quality representation to our clients.
A personal injury is defined as a physical or psychological injury suffered by an individual as the result of either an accident or someone’s negligent behavior or conduct. Negligence is a breach of a duty owed to another. The accident attorneys at Whiting, Hagg, Hagg, Dorsey, & Hagg, LLP, specialize in a range of personal injury claims.
Personal injury cases can be complicated because of the involvement of multiple insurance companies and legal specifics. The experienced accident attorneys at Whiting, Hagg, Hagg, Dorsey & Hagg, LLP, help individuals seek the compensation they deserve as a result of personal injuries from accidents.
We work and fight for you.
Whiting, Hagg, Hagg, Dorsey, & Hagg, LLP, represents individuals with a variety of personal injuries from:
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Slip & Fall Cases
- Dog Bites
- Premises Liability
- Products Liability
- Pedestrian/Vehicle Accidents
- Serious Injuries
As experienced personal injury lawyers, we understand the complex legal issues surrounding accident cases. We help clients comprehend their legal rights and diligently or aggressively represent them. As a result, our clients are able to obtain compensation to cover medical care so they can recover physically, as well as emotionally from their injuries. We also provide the legal representation required to help our clients recover financially from this traumatic experience.
In many cases, the negligent party may have insurance that provides the required compensation. However, it is vital that personal injury victims contact an attorney before discussing a case with an insurance agent or adjuster so they get appropriate compensation.
Accident victims are entitled to receive compensation for:
- Property Damage – Cost to restore your property (vehicle, building, equipment) to original condition, or if it cannot be restored, the cost to replace it
- Personal Injuries – Payment of all reasonable medical bills, as well as future medical treatment
- Lost Work, Wages, or Lost Earning Capacity – Amount is measured by the actual lost income the victim can prove, and any lost opportunity for present and future income
- Pain and Suffering – Non-calculated amount of damages to compensate personal injury victims for their pain, suffering, rehabilitation, lost enjoyment of life or activities, as well as, future losses
- Loss of Consortium - Damages suffered by the spouse or family member of a person who has been injured or killed
- Permanent/Temporary Disability - Injuries that prohibit an individual from taking part in routine activities, such as working
- Disfigurement - Permanent change in a person's body, particularly by leaving visible scars which affect a person's appearance
- Scarring - Mark remaining after the healing of a wound, such as one caused by injury
- Loss of Enjoyment of Life - Detrimental alterations of a person's life or lifestyle or a person's inability to participate in the activities or pleasures of life that were formerly enjoyed
- Aggravation of Pre-existing Injury - Pre-existing injuries may cause the plaintiff to be in a weakened condition, causing him or her to be more susceptible to injury, which causes the condition to become aggravated
If You Are in an Accident
- Remain calm
- Check for injuries
- Turn on hazard lights
- Report the accident to the police, even if the accident is minor
- Notify your insurance agent
- Seek medical attention if you are injured
- Don’t sign any documents or make any statements until your lawyer reviews the documents
- Make immediate notes about the accident including specific damages to all vehicles involved
- Photograph the accident scene if you have a camera or cell phone available
- Call your attorney if you have reason to believe your condition will not resolve in 24-48 hours
- Notify your employer if it occurred at work or you need to miss work
At the law offices of Whiting, Hagg, Hagg, Dorsey, & Hagg, LLP, you can rely on our support in multiple areas of the law. Our Rapid City accident attorneys work with clients who have suffered injuries in all types of traffic accidents. We also help those injured on the job in the Black Hills area receive South Dakota workers' compensation benefits. When it appears a third party is responsible for a workplace accident that results in injuries or wrongful death, we will assist in seeking recovery.
Call Whiting, Hagg, Hagg, Dorsey, & Hagg, LLP, today to discuss your options with our experienced personal injury lawyers at 605-348-1125. We will work and fight for you every step of the way.