Criminal law involves prosecution by the government for an act deemed by local, state, or federal law to be a crime. More serious crimes, such as homicides, rapes, and assaults, are considered felonies and are punishable by more than one year. Less serious crimes, including petty theft, are misdemeanors. A finding of guilt by a judge or jury can result in prison or jail time and/or fines.
Our mission at Whiting, Hagg, Hagg, Dorsey & Hagg, LLP is to provide our clients the highest quality defense.
- We aim to reduce or eliminate bail so our clients can remain free while we prepare their case.
- Our attorneys spend crucial time on a case and gather information from prosecution and defense witnesses, sometimes by hiring investigators.
- We are up front with our clients about what they will face should they go to trial.
- We explain the pros and cons of any plea bargain that is offered.
- In the event of a conviction, we work to reduce sentences.
For excellent defense in a criminal case, call us today at 605-348-1125.